Hemp Sense is happy to announce the funding of a NSERC Engage Grant.
The overall objectives of this NSERC Engage Grant (EG) is to assist with the improvement/development of absorption capacity of raw and modified hemp fibre forms for oil, water and/or moisture and oil/water mixtures.
- To investigate four hemp products as manufactured by Hemp Sense for its oil, water and oil-in-water absorption capacity.
- Analyse each material for amounts of cellulose, hemicellulose, lignin, extractives, ash and protein contents
- To assess surface modification (non-modified, chemically modified, and physically
- modified) on absorption.
- To investigate two oil viscosities: light and heavy oil.
- Improve the clumping behavior of the crumble material when exposed to water.
We are pleased to work with our research team from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan, Duncan Cree, P. Eng., PhD. Assistant Professor and Majid Soleimani, Ph.D. Research Associate
Hemp Sense is a Industrial Hemp Fibre and food processing company located in Gilbert Plains, Mb. Innovative hemp products are made by grinding up the whole hemp plant or fibre into a crumble. Hemp is a Natural absorbent Product made into Kitty litre. Fibril is a hemp crumble for horticulture that is used on the top of pots and flower beds to hold moisture and reduce watering. Fibril absorbs moisture from the soil so is used for establishing or repairing lawns.
We acknowledge the support of the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
Cette recherche a été financée par le Conseil de recherches en sciences naturelles et en génie du Canada (CRSNG).